July 4, 2010

Happy 4th!

Okay so it's been a while... rehearsals have picked up and the cast has been hanging out in the evenings almost every night. Happy 4th of July to everyone. I'm going to give a quick recap of some of the highlights from the past two weeks.

First and foremost the show looks amazing. Everything is set and we move into the theater day after tomorrow. I can't believe it! I'm a little worried about tech, because it's literally going to change EVERYTHING. I'm just praying for patience and understanding from all people involved. In reality we need about twice as much time in the space as we are going to have before an audience sees the show. Not only do we have to set all the technical stuff (lights, scene changes, costumes etc.) we have to set all the aerial work, maneuver people on and off ladders, and make sure none of our dancers kill each other on what may be the smallest stage ever. Should be quite the adventure getting everything put together.

I can't believe I'm leaving my baby town in one short week. I've extended my stay on the east coast so I can spend a few days in the city with the one and only Ms Lizzie Boulger which I am soo excited about. But I'm not looking forward to going back to the west. At least not yet. Something about being here, around all these people, I think I've officially caught the NY/East Coast bug. LA's great and I'm sure I'll love it when I get back, but I'm realizing more and more that for what I want to do, I kind of need to be on this side of the country. (Sorry Mom)

Some fun anecdotes from my stay thus far:
Most of the doors I've encountered while being here, save for my front door, don't have mechanical locks but little manual ones like the kind you find in public restroom stalls. It's cute, but also weird. I feel like they leave them that way on purpose to keep the antiquated feeling of these houses alive.

The liquor store in town is the only store open all year round. It's closed on Sundays, but opens at 9am on Saturdays. They must know that everyone from the theater has Monday off, therefore parties on Sunday night, and needs to stock up on booze on Saturday. I mean with a 9am opening I could stop and get my booze before even going in for rehearsal, how convenient!

I have become obsessed with Catchphrase and Taboo. The games were reintroduced by my new fave people from the Annie Get Your Gun cast and now I am a gaming master. I was lucky enough to be a part of the catchphrase dream team and I think I am making a pretty good name for myself among my cast with Taboo. Watch out though, I get really into the games.

Two nights ago the AGYG cast had a going away shindig next door which included everyone making whatever food they had left over so they could get rid of it before moving out, AND a naked jump in the CT river by a handful of the cast. I saw way more of a lot of people than I ever imagined I would haha. The theater here literally looks out over the river so a bunch of the guys jumped off the dock and took a little midnight swim...literally hysterical. It was a super fun night to say the least. The only hard part was being awake for the 9am yoga warm up yesterday. Yikes.

Anyways I'm off to celebrate with our cast. Volleyball at this little lake we found and then a BBQ at our male lead's place.

More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment